Primary job category: Campaigns/elections
Position type: Part-time/contract
Location: Hiring for Toronto OR Ottawa based on the best candidate
Child Care Advocacy Association of Canada (CCAAC) is looking for a highly-motivated, politically driven individual with extensive campaign experience to organize our 2015 child care federal election campaign.
Who are we looking for:
The campaign organizer will have the experience, skills, energy and initiative needed to organize and support volunteer activists across the country to make child care an important election issue. The organizer will be committed to social justice and diversity and have a good knowledge of child care issues. The organizer will have experience with issue-based or political campaigns, and feel comfortable working with a steering group of strong minded individuals. The organizer will have to know how to manage a campaign effectively with limited financial resources. The organizer will have excellent communication and media skills, including an excellent understanding of how to use social media to extend the reach and power of the campaign. Being able to communicate in both English and French will be a significant asset.
- Collaborate with different child care partners and supporters at the national, regional and local levels
- Mobilize groups to help them promote child care issues in their own communities
- Keep all partners/stakeholders up to date and included
- Help produce campaign documents and materials
- Use web-based tools and social media to do outreach and maintain communication with activists
- Support and promote local campaign events
- Track/promote other campaign events across Canada
- Some administrative work, scheduling calls, minutes, etc
Bilingual (English and French) both written and spoken an asset.
This position will be 20 hours a week from Jul-October (Duration of contract is dependent on the timing of the 2015 federal election).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org